Multi-Point Inspection & Diagnostics Services
The end to your transmission problems begins with our exclusive multi-point transmission check. The expert techs at your North East Ohio AAMCO locations will diagnose your transmission problem right away.
Our exclusive Transmission check includes the following:
- Checking the level and condition of your transmission fluid.
- Checking the level and condition of transfer case and differential fluid, where applicable.
- Performing a road test, to experience first-hand any problems you have noticed, and to evaluate your car's performance including:
- Initial engagements
- Each drive range
- Upshift timing
- Upshift quality
- Downshift timing
- Downshift quality
- Passing gear
- TCC engagement
- 4x4 performance
Your vehicle will be placed on a lift in order to inspect the controls under the vehicle for any possible cause of the problem external to the transmission including:
- Shift linkage or cable
- Vacuum connections
- TV/detent cable/linkage
- Engine performance
- Harness connections
- Ground connections
- Engine idle
- Final drive
- Axles and shafts
- U-joints/CV joints
- Fluid retention
- Pan gasket
- Wire condition
- Scan the computer for trouble codes
Once your problem has been properly diagnosed, our expert technicians will recommend the right repair for your vehicle. If on the odd chance an initial check didn't diagnose your problem, we still won't recommend a rebuilt transmission service until we know EXACTLY what is causing your problem.
Computer and Internal Diagnostics
AAMCO technicians will only fix what needs fixing. The next level of diagnostics that ensures this is our advanced computer and internal diagnostics.
Today it is not uncommon for many transmission problems to start in the computer system of today's highly technical vehicles. The AAMCO Computer Diagnostic Service is performed to determine if an electronic component is affecting your transmission's shifting or overall performance or if your transmission is receiving the wrong signals from your vehicle's computer system.
This Service includes:
- Using a computer system scanner to retrieve any trouble codes and to determine the probable cause. All critical computer systems in the vehicle are checked for trouble codes, because a variety of systems could cause driveability issues.
- Reviewing the computer system data against our proprietary AAMCO technical database - the most extensive transmission computer diagnostic source available anywhere.
- Connecting the AAMCO Kwiktest™ PlusBox to see whether the problem is inside or outside of the transmission in the computer system.
Your certified AAMCO center technician will also:
- Check the electronic components.
- Check the solenoids and sensors.
- Check the wiring that effects the transmission, solenoids and sensors.
Schedule an appointment with AAMCO North East Ohio locations first!
Before starting any repair, we will perform our extensive Multi-Point Inspection.
If your transmission does require repair, we will rebuild your transmission right (not install a cheap junkyard unit). We’ll also back it with the strongest nationwide warranty in the business.
For over half the cars we service, we find only a minor repair is required. Call a competitor or local independent shop, and they may quote you a price for a transmission that you may not need!
At AAMCO North East Ohio locations, we only repair what needs fixing and nothing more.
It's why AAMCO is the most trusted name in the diagnosis, service and maintenance of transmissions and has been since 1963.